I attended the Redistricting Committee Meeting today at Red Clay’s District Office located in Baltz Elementary School. Below are a few comments about the meeting. Minutes of the previous meetings can be found here.
- Red Clay School Board will be holding a Special Board Meeting on November 2, 2015 starting at 5:30 at Red Clay’s District Office. The board may be taking action with regards to WEIC.
- Next Redistricting Meeting will be on November 4, 2015 from 4:00 to 6:00 at Red Clay’s District Office.
- The interim reports on the redistricting and funding plans will be released to the public after the November 17, 2015 Commission Meeting. The public will be able to comment on the report.
- Final report due to the State Board of Education on December 17, 2015. The public will be able to comment on the report.
- Colonial School District want to keep their students. Colonial’s data show students are performing well and are equal or above state scores.
- Dan Rich made a comment back to Colonial School District that WEIC recommendations were not based on test scores.
- Brandywine School District would like to maintain the current school boundaries.
- Brandywine School Board will bring forward a board resolution at their next school board meeting with regards to WEIC.
- DSEA is very concerned about teachers losing their job because of this plan; district lines being redrawn.
- Dr. Daugherty replied back to DSEA and said Red Clay is not going to guarantee that Red Clay will hire everyone from the Christina schools. Christina schools will become a part of the Red Clay School District.
- All students who wish to remain in current schools will be able to stay and transportation will be provided.
- Timeline for implementation of plan has been moved back a year.
- A comment was made, if the plan is just to move district lines and rename schools and not provide any resources or funding; don’t bother moving any further with this plan.