I attended the Delaware Met Special meeting tonight with Rep. Kowalko. Here are a few things that I wrote down during the meeting.
- During September the school has had climate issues.
- Ms. Hunter the school’s leader is out on leave and the interim leader is Sean Gallager
- Board member Nash Childs could not be there due to medical issues.
- 218 students are enrolled – well below their necessary enrollment number 264 students
- 60 of the students are students with IEPs – how many are basic, complex and intensive?
- There may still be undocumented students who need an IEP.
- 10 full time teachers
- 2 Special Education teachers
- recently hired 2 para
- 1 Specialist – who does PE, Driver’s Ed, etc.
- Student Support person
- They recently hired 3 full-time mentors
- Line of Credit is available for unexpected short-term cost
- Innovative Schools reported that the school is good to go financially
- Going to block scheduling
- Project Based Learning
- Big Picture Model
- Thursday Back to School Night
- Once a month survey out to parents.
- Students will received a survey every quarter.
- Staff will receive a survey as well, did not mention how often.
- It was mentioned that a personal connection was made with each family with a robo call and teachers were suppose to be contacting families, no one could report how many teachers actually spoke to a family member.
Good job all around to the DOE and their new “intense focus” on charter authorizing.